Friday, May 13, 2011

CONFESSION IS GOOD FOR THE SOUL


Yes, it is ... and here was a page  out of my personal journal recently. Perhaps you might be able to identify ...
Almighty & All-Powerful “I AM”, 

I don’t need to be convinced of my ‘dirtiness’ or my ‘ugliness’ - my sinful heart is so real to me - and so I cry out to You ...

~ I confess becoming too casual with sin.

~ I confess my distraction of being pre-occupied with myself.

~ I confess that my ears have been more ‘in tune’ with noise than with Your Voice.

~ I confess my lack of self-control, my binging, and my selfishness.

~ I confess too much concern with trying to win favor from others.

~ I confess my pride that causes me to argue or critique rather than question and explore.
I could never stand before You in my “Christieness.” No one could. But I come to You in the robe of righteousness from the blood of Jesus.... that covering - I will base my whole life upon! That purity is what gives me peace.
Your full redemption settles every sin in my life - it secures my present & my future. I am eternally indebted!

Please know that I am hungry to be close to You -
                                                                   I am thirsty to do what is right.
Christie Lee

What difference does confession make in your life? Please tell me.

Christie Lee Rayburn

2 comments:

  1. Confession not only keeps me honest with the people I love the most but it keeps the enemy's guilt away from me. It also helps my friends and family to know that I don't try or pretend to be perfect, and it gives them the freedom to do the same around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cheer on your example of freedom to those around you - way to go!

    ReplyDelete