Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A MIRACLE

On Saturday, January 29, 2011 I witnessed a miracle. Bryan and Ikuko Leider allowed me to be present at the birth of their sweet second daughter, Ayaka Leider. This was the first time I had ever been this close to a woman giving birth, and it took my breath away. 
I think Iku was trying to trick me into thinking labor is no big deal, and she did a fabulous job. She was so calm and collected that without the hospital gown and the heart monitor you might have thought she was only climbing a particularly steep hill or chasing after her 2 year old, Ayumi. 
After hours of contractions and minutes of pushing, Ayaka greeted us all with her newborn screaming – music to our ears. I couldn’t get enough of her teeny tiny fingers, toes, and nose. I loved watching as she was passed around the room to meet all the people who already love her. 
I hope memories of your own miracles are washing over you right now – whether they include children or not. And I pray today you will see God working in and around you.
LINDSAY HALE

No comments:

Post a Comment